I believe I have talked about this before, but it is so important to your dieting success that I feel I need to talk about it again. I try to eat five meals a day to maintain a healthy weight or to help me lose weight when needed. The reason for spreading out your meals into smaller meals is to trigger your metabolism. Eating five small meals a day won’t only boost your metabolism, but will help you curb your appetite. Below is my current eating schedule that I follow, to give you an idea of what I do.
- First meal after exercise is a drink called Berry Green ( I wrote an article on this product HERE ). I mix Berry Green with grape juice, but only a small amount.
- About two hours later I eat a Lean Cuisine meal. If I have time I will make an egg white sandwich.
NOTE: I wrote an article on what meal choices I like CLICK HERE to view them.
- Before I eat my third meal of the day I do some muscle building, like abdominal training, weight training ext. After that I am sore, and my body needs protein to rebuild the muscles I worked. My sore legs and arms will also need protein because of the cardio I did in the morning. I then eat a protein shake, protein powder mixed with fat free milk. My favorite brand of protein is Jay Robs Egg White Protein Vanilla Flavor because it is naturally made and is also the best tasting.
- Two more hours or so, I eat soup. Usually Health Valley which only has 80 calories and 0 grams of fat, I also eat Dr. McDougall’s Soup with 100 calories and 0 grams of fat.
- To finish off the day I usually eat a Lean Cuisine meal again, or a turkey sandwich.
This is the schedule I try my best to stick to. I have more energy than I ever had in my life since I have started this diet plan four months ago, and I am now at a healthy weight.